Welcome!

In 1995 I published my first book 'Chains Unbound: Slave Emancipations in Greenwich, Connecticut.' My original intention was for it to be used as an educational resource. This is an online companion site that I've created, especially for those of you utilizing online resources and smartphones. I've also included additional items and news articles not found in the 1995 edition. Jeffrey Bingham Mead, Historian and Author. October 13, 2014.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Emancipation of Chloe by Amos Mead (1796)

by Amos Mead
Volume 13, Page 629
Signed: September 26, 1795
Recorded: September 26, 1795

Fairfield County ss  In Greenwich  September 26, 1795.  I do hereby make known and
certify that I d emancipate and forever make free my negro woman called Chloe
to all intents and purposes according to the Statute Law of this State as witness my
hand.                                                                                                           Amos Mead

Rec'd to record February ye 6th AD 1796 and recorded by me Jabez Fitch  Town Clerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment