Welcome!

In 1995 I published my first book 'Chains Unbound: Slave Emancipations in Greenwich, Connecticut.' My original intention was for it to be used as an educational resource. This is an online companion site that I've created, especially for those of you utilizing online resources and smartphones. I've also included additional items and news articles not found in the 1995 edition. Jeffrey Bingham Mead, Historian and Author. October 13, 2014.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Emancipation of Cyrus by David Hobby (1800)

by David Hobby
Volume 14, Page 482
Signed: July 8, 1800
Recorded: July 8, 1800     

Westchester County State of New York the 8th of July 1800 I hereby 
certify that I have this day Liberated and give free my Negro 
Man named Cyrus and that I have no further demands on him 
as a Slave agreeable to a Law of the State of New York Given under 
my hand and seal the day and year as above written.
Ebenezer Hobby                                                             David Hobby   L.S.      
Thomas Hobby Junr.      
To whom concerned      
Rec'd to record July ye 8th AD 1800      
And recorded by me Jabez Fitch Register


Photocopy of the Emancipation of Cyrus.














No comments:

Post a Comment